Friday, April 25, 2014

The Action is simulated. The Excitement is real.

What a catchy phrase from this old Microprose catalog! Today I don't have a specific sim in the strict sense, but a catalog from Microprose. I got it with my Gunship box back in 1986.



Catchy phrase ...

"Maj. Wild Bill Stealey" on the left side.
Solo Flight / Kennedy Approach

NATO Commander / Crusade in Europe
F-15 Strike Eagle / Gunship
Silent Service / Hellcat Ace
Spitfire Ace / MiG Alley Ace

Conflict in Vietnam
A whole bunch of classics in this single catalog. My first contact with Microprose was F-15 and Conflict in Vietnam on my Commodore 64. As not uncommon in those times none of them was a legal copy and I didn't have a proper manual. When I mail ordered Gunship in 1986 and saw the fine manual it came with I was more than happy. Anyway, the next sim I will take a look at, will be Gunship by Microprose. I will stay with the C-64 version this time.

cu
Jens










2 comments:

  1. Wow the C64 (and Atari) had all the early sims! Didn't hear about most of those in the UK.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most of them were for the Atari and Commodore. As far as I remember, in the UK Sinclairs Spectrum was the most popular system.

    ReplyDelete